Attention: 2011 Graduating Seniors!
2011 PTSA Scholarship Winners!
Congratulations to Britney Coates and Constantine Johns
Read the winning essays here
Lakewood PTSA Scholarship program
The PTSA Scholarship essay topic:
“I made a difference…”
- Essay must be written and submitted by senior student attending Lakewood High during the 2010/11 school year and plan on attending a college or post secondary school in the fall of 2011.
- The topic will be a senior student’s story of how they made a difference to a person, place, event, outcome or process during their high school years; however, the story does not have to be school related.
- Student must be a PTSA Member. If not already a member, the membership fee is $10.00. Membership form and money can be turned in with entry. Checks should be written to LHS PTSA.
- Students must have a GPA above 2.0
- Essays must be received by 4:00 pm on April 8th, 2011 in a sealed envelope in the scholarship box in the LHS Counselors Office. Please write ‘PTSA Scholarship Essay, Attn: Michelle Amidei’ on the outside of the envelope. Include a cover page with name. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Include with your essay a copy of your acceptance letter to a college, university or technical school, if available. Scholarship checks will be issued to student and selected school.
- Essay must be 350 words or less, typed or legibly handwritten, and double spaced
The PTSA will be awarding up to 2 scholarships this year. The amount will be determined by available PTSA funds.
The judging panel will include a LHS Administrator and/or Counselor and volunteer parents.
Scholarships will be awarded to the students at the Academic Awards Night on April 27th, 2011.
Students can pick up applications in the scholarship drawer in the counseling office.
Chair: Michelle Amidei, 303-232-6026, email: email@example.com
page was last updated: 5/31/11
Lakewood High School PTSA
9700 West Eighth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80215